8 Sep 2014
JK Lecture Theatre, JKTech
University of Queensland Queensland
+ Program Leaders
Percy Madrid graduated from Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Peru in 2002 with a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Metallurgical Engineering. After his first years in the industry, Percy joined the Peruvian representative company of JKTech where he was worked with all of JKTech’s technology tools, including the comminution circuit modelling and simulation software. Percy has given software training courses and developed steady state models for many plants in Peru. Percy joined JKTech in 2009 after working for Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold, Cerro Verde mine in Peru, as a Metallurgical Engineer.
Other Program Leaders include: Dr Tapiwa Chenje, Vas Matei, Chris Bailey, and Sebastian Tello.
+ Benifits to Participants
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
• Advanced technical knowledge and capabilities in metallurgy and mineral process engineering
• The skills and behaviours to negotiate workplace-related tasks and employ analytical techniques in problem solving in accordance with industry best practice
• Confidence to generate ideas, adapt to changing environments, identify problems, create solutions, innovate and improve current practices
+ Benifits to Companies
BENEFITS TO COMPANIES
• Accelerated performance and productivity of engineers in their early careers
• A developing culture of process improvement
• A cohort of future technical leaders with the ability to analyse and solve problems
• Engineers equipped with the right tools and knowledge of international best practice in improving mine site performance
+ Course Attendees and Materials
This course is suitable for metallurgists and engineers who wish to learn the principles of applying simulation to the design and optimisation of grinding and crushing circuits.
All attendees receive a printed copy of the Course Notes and directions to supplementary
+ Register Online