MGH Logo Competition
28 Apr 2014
WIN $1000 CASH!
+ The Prize
The winning logo submission will be decided by a committee of MGH university partners. A cash prize of $1000.00 will be presented to the winning recipient(s) by cheque.
+ Intellectual Property
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of MGH and may be displayed publicly on MGH web sites and print materials.
- The winning entry will be registered by MGH as a Trademark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to MGH in accordance with the rules of this contest.
- The Contest is open to current university students at one of MTEC's partner universities. The contest is open to either individuals or groups. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or registered groups associated with such institutions.
- Members of the MGH Steering Committee, implementation committee, the MGH teaching team, and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with MGH as required below.
+ How to Enter
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is midnight (one minute after 2359) on June 27th, 2014, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
+ Submission Guidelines
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Minerals Geoscience Honours (MGH) program. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and other marketing activities. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
While the logo needs to look good at relatively small sizes, it will not need to be shrunk for use as a Favicon.
Because of the requirement to register the logo as a Service/Trade Mark, Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that cannot be registered as a Service Mark, no matter how well crafted, cannot win the Contest.
The logo must also contain the words “Minerals Geoscience Honours”.
The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
JPGs 1000 pixels square of the logo variant are also requested so that entries can be posted to MTEC associated websites without the need for conversion.
The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 10Mb 5Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so. Submissions exceeding 5 Mb be split into separate files.
A discription of the logo should be submitted via MS Word.
To recap, entry will consist of 3 files: the basic logo, each in EPS and JPG format, and a word document containing your description. We are able to handle most common file compression formats.
+ Judging and Selecting the Winner
- The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by the MTEC Executive Director. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- MGH reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- MGH reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to MGH.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for MGH to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- No timetable is set for the announcement of a winner due to the need to confirm that the winning entry can be registered as a Service Mark.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and MGH in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and MGH and relating to the Contest.
+ MTEC Partner Universities
Australian National University
James Cook University
University of Adelaide
University of Melbourne
University of Newcastle
University of New South Wales
University of Queensland
University of Tasmania
University of Western Australia
+ About the MGH
Further information about the MGH can be found via the MGH Website here.