BHP Billiton Australian Foundations for Graduates Program
- Development program partnering with some of the world’s leading business schools.
- Be part of a supportive culture and learn from industry experts.
- Make a positive contribution to our communities, environment and global economy.
About BHP Billiton
We are a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources.
We take pride in being a world-class company who supplies the resources that help improve the lives of millions.
Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
Our unique culture and dynamic work environment helps us to be one of the world’s great companies.
Be part of our Foundations for Graduates Program
Join over 700 graduates from all over the world and participate in our Foundations for Graduates Program. Our graduates represent over 30 disciplines from engineering, science and exploration to health science and business.
During your graduate experience, you will be challenged and offered unique opportunities to:
- learn and excel in your day to day work;
- participate in a number of work-based team and experiential activities;
- grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture;
- gain exposure to world-class operations;
- engage with exceptional leaders;
- extend your network with global colleagues.
Learn from industry leaders
During the Program you will work with some of the world’s leading business schools. There are two residential sessions that provide the opportunity to:
- learn how to build a robust functional base;
- develop decision-making, communication and stakeholder engagement skills;
- gain an understanding of what it takes to be a leader at BHP Billiton.
You will also work with a range of senior BHP Billiton leaders who will share their career experiences, lessons learned and insight to help guide your development and career planning approach.
How to apply
If you are looking for an interesting and fulfilling career where you are encouraged to explore your potential and stretch your capabilities, we invite you to join our global team.
Applications open 2 March 2015 for our BHP Billiton Australian 2016 Foundations for Graduates Program intake, and close 3 April 2015. For further information or to apply, visit www.bhpbilliton.com/graduates.
Our people are important to us. Our robust selection process enables you to learn more about our organisation while helping us to identify candidates who best align with our Company.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to participate in:
- online ability testing;
- telephone / video interview;
- a selection centre where you will learn more about our graduate opportunities;
- reference checks; and
- medical assessments.
Successful candidates will need to:
- have completed your degree in 2014 or be due to complete your degree by the end of 2015;
- have less than two years' work experience in your chosen discipline;
- be prepared to relocate within Australia, including to regional and/or remote areas; and
- be eligible to work in Australia.
BHP Billiton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
The future is amazing. The future is yours.